1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are moving the forum:
    The new forum you can find here:

www.minixforum.com

3. We are moving the forum:
    The new forum you can find here:

www.minixforum.com

4. I have turned off the ability to post in this forum except for staff members. Please post at our new forum www.minixforum.com

Camera with Mic

Discussion in 'NEO G4' started by Dom, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Dom

Dom New Member

Is there a list of tested "working" webcam/w mic that works with the NEO G4 yet.
    I have a few webcams that I tested, they all don't work on Skype.
    Any suggested brand and model pls. thanks
  2. KeepInItDroid

KeepInItDroid Administrator Staff Member

I work at a electronics store and I work tonight which is a slow sift I'll bring my x5 and test some cams :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Dom likes this.
  3. muncis

muncis New Member

Logitech HD Webcam C270 working ok for me.
    Dom likes this.
  4. Dom

Dom New Member

Thanks muncis...can you also fire-up the camera app and take photos and videos as well? I mean aside from skype.. thanks :)
  5. muncis

muncis New Member

6. Dom

Dom New Member

I found one webcam that works, its the Logitech V-UAR33.
    The camera can take photos using the Camera App but not Video.
    The built in mic also works using Smart Voice Recorder App "clear audio recording".
    The other Voice Recorder App that's included originally crashes and says "internal error".
    When I fire-up Skype and do audio test call, the audio is very choppy and my voice is not
    recorded at all...test fail on Skype.
  7. Dom

Dom New Member

Made a test call using the V-UAR33 on Skype.
    Video out is ok. camera works.
    Audio out none. mic don't work.
    Video incoming is ok.
    Audio incoming is also ok.
  8. Anwar Bham

Anwar Bham New Member

How do do connect the camera to a minx g4 do you plug it in the OTG port or the usb port i have a powered usb hub that i plug in to the usb port on the player and plug the camera in thier and another cable goes from the the usb hub to the otg port to power the thing is that the way to do it
  9. Dom

Dom New Member

I still use the original power adapter connected to the OTG port, I now have a 7-port USB connected to the USB port and I connect all devices from here. The power adapter is powering everything.
  10. 1ndustrial

1ndustrial Member

I'm trying to put together a skype setup. Thanks in advance for answers.

First off, everyone who's been using skype successfully here, which firmware are you on? I heard only the original ICS 4.0.4 one can do it right. (Still on it.)

Next, do you ever have a problem if sound is coming over your main large external speakers? The only other options I would have is switching to the TV's built-in speakers, or headphones from my amplifier.

Last, an article I read said the most basic Logitech C110 works well, is inexpensive and has good reviews. Can anyone confirm this?
  11. MINIX

MINIX Administrator Staff Member

the best combination for Skype is 4.0.4 ICS firmware + Logitech C110.
  12. 1ndustrial

1ndustrial Member

Thank you, I stay on the shipping firmware for now. I guess we're waiting for the Rockchip skype fix. I appreciate it.
  13. SquidooRoy

SquidooRoy New Member

14. MINIX

MINIX Administrator Staff Member

thanks Roy, but I think the Microsoft models don't work so well, I've tested 2 of them.
    Why would Microsoft facilitates Android? heehee...

15. Dom

Dom New Member

What specs does the C110 have that makes it work on Skype? The C110 is hard to find in stores now-a-days. So I found a Logitech c210 on sale for $15, bought it hoping it will work, unfortunately it doesn't work too. :(
  16. Dom

Dom New Member

Is MINIX working for a fix on this Camera and Mic problem?
  17. Mark Bardolf

Mark Bardolf New Member

Thanks; is it safe to assume that there aren't any cameras that are going to work for HD video chat (Skype/Google Hangouts), including the C270?
  18. Mark Bardolf

Mark Bardolf New Member

19. Dom

Dom New Member

HelloMark, I was the one who started this thread because I have the same problem as yours...and against all advise "stay on 4.0 for skype" I went against advise and upgraded to Jellybean 4.1.1...nothing to lose because it does not work for me anyway on ICS 4.0. But to my surprise it works.
    Skype Video/Audio works even using an old Logitech webcam V-UAR33.. just sharing my experience. Dom
  20. Rakesh Kumar

Rakesh Kumar New Member

Did you face any issue using the powered USB hub with g4? I'm trying to use a powered USB hub but unsuccessful till now.
  21. Dom

Dom New Member

I am now using a powered 10-port usb hub...at the same time the original power supply for the g4 is still connected to the otg.
  22. Rakesh Kumar

Rakesh Kumar New Member

23. Dom

Dom New Member

I upgraded from ics to jellybean, to make my skype work. ;)
  24. 1ndustrial

1ndustrial Member

And my Gawd, it worked for me too. JB so far after learning its differences is so much better and it's odd how it cured this issue as well contrary to what we were told. Anyway, since my echo test finally worked I assume my video call will too, so it'd be nice if my hope pans out.
    Dom likes this.
  25. seafire

seafire New Member

Hello all. I am the owner minix neo g 4 I wanted to ask, which camera is better for skype logitech Logitech C 270 and C 110? Poorly know English, I use google translator.