1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You might experience slow forums at times. This is due to DDoS attacks on another IP on the server.
    If the problem continues throughout the day, we will move the forums to another server.
    The forums might also go down a few times today for server tweaking and similar.

Netflix doesn't work (+some minor bugs)

Discussion in 'NEO X7' started by Hjalte, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Hjalte

Hjalte New Member

Hi everyone...

So, I got my long awaited mini x7 yesterday, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed...

The reason I bought this was because I was tired of having stuff that didn't work or were slow when I would watch movies on my TV.

Now, I know that it'll probably be better when new firmwares are released, I just thought this would work out of the box...

Anyway, my biggest problem is that netflix doesn't work.

I can enter the app and I can start a movie, but after a couple of minutes, the image freezes and the sound continues...

The same thing happens if I want to resume playback....

Anyone know what's causing this or have a fix?

********** EDIT **********

I *may* have been to fast to conclude that NetFlix didn't work...
    After playing around with it some more to day, it seems okay.

It still does the picture freeze with sound sometimes, but if I press the "10 sec rewind" button, it seems to catch up...

I have yet to see a full movie, so I cannot make a final conclusion yet.

I'll keep you updated if anything changes :)
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. Stephen Charchuk

Stephen Charchuk Well-Known Member

There are always bugs to be ironed out with every new product. That's why it pays to wait a little while.

Are you using HD or SD in Netflix? And what version of the firmware are you using? Have you done a search of the forums as well,you question could already be answered for. All you have to do is look.
  3. Hjalte

Hjalte New Member

Sure there is and I can accept that. But I thought that when you bought a product in this price-range (x7 is one of the most expensive boxes) it would just work... I don't mind installing new firmware or mess with the settings, it was just not what I expected...

I don't seem to be able to change the quality settings in netflix... I can choose to use wifi only, but that's that...
    I have searched and read a lot, but haven't found a solution yet. I think I'll try and install the finless rom and see if that helps...

4. Stephen Charchuk

On YouTube at SomCoolTech he is reviewing a new 10" tablet called the Cube that has many of the same spects as the x7. It even has a HDMI port. It looks real nice.

There are always other options.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    Hjalte likes this.
  5. BaDTaG

BaDTaG Member

You could trye exposed and netflix addon. Just google xda exposed netflix fix or somthing. It enables netflix to run in android 4.1 mode or somthing like that. I made a topic about it on rikomagic forum. It workd on my mk802 before my kids broke it.
    Hjalte likes this.
  6. Hjalte

Hjalte New Member

Thanks BaDTaG, I'll look into that :)
  7. Hjalte

Hjalte New Member

I have a tablet and an old S3 with hdmi output.... I agree, there are plenty of options available... Heck, I even have an old laptop with HDMI output... But that doesn't change the fact that the x7 doesn't work out-of-the-box... It's sold as a TV-Box and should (IMO) work as one, without the need for installing roms, patches and other stuff...

Imagine if the new Galaxy S4 didn't work when people bought it. If they had to install other roms or wait several weeks for firmware updates to be able to sms or call...

Again, I think it's super cool that people are making awesome new roms to the x7 and it is my understanding that the guys behind the product are working hard to make it better, faster and to accommodate their customers wishes - and that's awesome...

But it still doesn't change the fact that this product is being sold as a TV box (there's even a netflix logo on their site) and that it doesn't work straight away...
  8. Stephen Charchuk

Why is there an app to make Netflix think you're using a lower version of Android OS?
  9. Mike_77

Mike_77 Moderator Staff Member

Check this version of netflix out.. I've been using the bottom one with the minimum bitrate, and it's been working great on my X7.. recommend you play around and see which version you prefer. (You must uninstall the version of netflix from the play store first, due to different signatures)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2305091
  10. BaDTaG

BaDTaG Member

I think it was due to compatible issues. It made Netflix work on my MK802 that has simmerly hardware.
  11. krpes

krpes New Member

I have watched few movies without issues on X7 from Netflix, but didn't have SD card at that time (so not sure if that makes difference). What is your Netflix streaming setting? I have mine at good (not highest) due to beeing limited to capped 4G until my fixed broadband arrives. You can check these through this link: https://account.netflix.com/HdToggle
  12. Hjalte

Hjalte New Member

Thanks. I'll try both things :)
  13. Hjalte

Hjalte New Member

I *may* have been to fast to conclude that NetFlix didn't work...
    After playing around with it some more to day, it seems okay.

It still does the picture freeze with sound sometimes, but if I press the "10 sec rewind" button, it seems to catch up...

I have yet to see a full movie, so I cannot make a final conclusion yet.

I'll keep you updated if anything changes :)