1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You might experience slow forums at times. This is due to DDoS attacks on another IP on the server.
    If the problem continues throughout the day, we will move the forums to another server.
    The forums might also go down a few times today for server tweaking and similar.

Upgrading firmware fro ICS (4.0.4) to JB (4.1.1) - against all odds :-)

Discussion in 'NEO G4' started by galvann, Jan 20, 2013.

1. galvann

galvann Member

OK, I did manage to upgrade but it was not as easy. I'm writing for others who may encounter similar problems . Basically I was following this tutorial on youtube - .

Problems I have encountered :

1. Restore hole - this one is so small that I realized after few trials I can't push inner button with a small nail. Blaming old eyes and it was dark evening yesterday o_O . So - be sure to use something like paper clip and listen for a 'click'. If you can push and hear a click - that's good and you can go ahead.

2. RockUSB drivers - those are not installing easily. First I get this yellow triangle warning in Windows Device Manager, second time system used drivers properly.

3. The most annoying thing - I always make any firmware upgrades on my litlle netbook - just in case of power down. This one has 8' screen. Flashtool window is simply to big to use commands at the bottom - geez... Window cannot be resized so I was pretty @#$$#% at the moment. I did it finally rotating the screen 90 degrees but probably not everyone will think about that :cool:

Attached Files: