1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are moving the forum:
    The new forum you can find here:

www.minixforum.com

3. We are moving the forum:
    The new forum you can find here:

www.minixforum.com

4. I have turned off the ability to post in this forum except for staff members. Please post at our new forum www.minixforum.com

Windows driver and flash tool

Discussion in 'General' started by MINIX, Oct 28, 2013.

1. MINIX

MINIX Administrator Staff Member

2. Molle

Molle Active Member

Just to note that these drivers are not compatible with Windows 8.1.
  3. Mark lim

Mark lim Active Member

Any idea how to get the drivers for win 8.1?
  4. Quincy

Quincy Active Member

How long did these company's know that windows 8.1 was coming a year or more, did they think people would not need drivers for the only OS that you can flash there devices with...what a joke..!!!
  5. MINIX

Calm down... let us check with the great Rockchip, OK?
  6. Quincy

Quincy Active Member

OK I've calmed down, thanks for that I was starting to freak out...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  7. DiZet

DiZet New Member

Any news on this?
  8. DiZet

DiZet New Member

Ok. Temporary workaround for windows 8.1 users until we get the drivers.
    1. Connect your device to the computer in flash mode. The computer will say “USB Device Not Recognized”. Go to Device Manager and you will see your device listed as “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)” in “Universal Serial Bus controllers” section
    2. Now in “Universal Serial Bus controllers” section you should also have “USB Root Hub”’s (might be several of them). Click through them and find the one that has “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)” in the “Power” tab (should be next to General).
    3. Right click on that “USB Root Hub” and press “Disable”. Now you should have a small arrow pointing down on the USB Root Hub icon and the “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)” should have disappeared.
    4. Now you have to go to the folder where the RKBatchTool is located on your system. Find the file "config.ini" and open it. Find the section where it says:
    LOGFLAG=TRUE
    #SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE时,扫描支持full speed usb设备,默认只支持high speed usb设备
    SUPPORTLOWUSB=

Write TRUE next to the second “SUPPORTLOWUSB=”

It should be like this:

LOGFLAG=TRUE
    #SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE时,扫描支持full speed usb设备,默认只支持high speed usb设备
    SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE

Save the file and open the RKBatchTool as usual and you should see the green square in Connected Devices.

Now you will be able to flash the rom. The flashing process might take longer than usual but it works.

P.S: If you have never previously installed Rockchip drivers on your system you might need to do those steps before doing the ones above:
    1) First you need do reboot windows with driver signature disabled: configure->change pc settings-> update & recovery -> recovery-> advanced startup -> troubleshoot -> advanced options -> restart -> 7

2) After reboot, go to folder where is windows 8 rockchip driver: right click on rockusb.inf and click install.
    Tenenbaum and Quincy like this.
  9. vbhat

vbhat New Member

My mini Neo X7 does not recognize any usb device I connect it to. Though I was able to upgrade firmware to pre007. Please help
  10. EdT

EdT Active Member

More reasons for Minix to use an update.zip file to update firmware like other Android mini PC manufacturers !
  11. Quincy

Quincy Active Member

Thanks for this work around, wonder how long more we will have to wait for drivers for 8.1 it's been out 2 mouths now...
  12. MINIX

They replied the driver works with 8.1 which is obviously not true, we're still pushing them on this.

從我的 用 iPhone 發送
  13. Ivan K

Ivan K Member

seems that RockChip is lying company. It looks like performance of 3188 chipset is not as they said, seems that this is only half developed product with many problems and that things they say is not 100% true. Maybe next generation of Minix devices should have components of other supplier.
  14. Unfortunately workaround does not work...
  15. MINIX

Be fair you can't blame them for this, when they launched the product there was no windows 8.1...

從我的 用 iPhone 發送
  16. DiZet

DiZet New Member

Just flashed the latest firmware on x5mini and x7mini. Works here…
  17. MINIX

18. Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos Member

19. originaljon

originaljon New Member

OK... I followed all the steps... and still can not update to the latest firmware... Im stuck on the pre007.... Running windows 8.1 on ALL of my home computers... so I tried the other computers and it STILL DIDNT WORK!!! MINIX please come up with a solution so that I can do the update! I've even loaded the img file on the drive of the minix so if a recovery was available to access I could flash it from their without the computer. Please help!

20. router.exe

router.exe New Member

is there any news on winows 8.1 compatibility?
  21. MichaelPhillipis

MichaelPhillipis New Member

I don’t know whether it will work for any other machine so try it at your own risk...
  22. Matrix

Matrix Member

Maybe someone should try on a virtual machine with Win7 and see if it works with a VM with USB port connected to the host.
    I have gave up on Windows 8.1 after it screwed up so many things...now back to Windows 7...and happy with it!
  23. Juan Carlos

Juan Carlos Member

Dont work, tested con Vmware and Box with no luck

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk
  24. tuuker

tuuker New Member

Just install win 7 which is last good windows anyway.
  25. Randomname

Randomname New Member